Tree Trimming Clearwater, Fl
Are you tired of getting up on those dangerous ladders and stretching to reach to hard to get branches all in the name of tree trimming? Let the tree trimming experts at Boen’s Tree Service in Clearwater, Fl handle that tedious work you. In addition, Proper pruning is critical if a tree is to be maintained in a healthy growing condition. The Arborists at Boen’s Tree Service in Clearwater can assess the Tree Trimming needs of each tree and perform trimming and pruning that will enhance the tree’s health and structure while meeting the needs of the client. There are some essential reasons for having your tree trimming done by professionals:
- Improve structure by pruning defective branches
- Reduce hazards by removing dead, dying and diseased branches
- Improve appearance and form of your trees
- Trim and prune branches away from adjacent structures
- Remove sight obstructions by tree trimming
- Minimize damage from storm events
- Tree Trimming for aesthetics
Other Reasons for Tree Trimming in Clearwater
Tree Trimming and Pruning is primarily done for three reasons: safety, health, or aesthetics. To make a case in point:
- Safety – Weak limbs, whether cracked or diseased, can fall at any time with a sudden gust of wind and then you have a safety hazard. These types of limbs should be removed immediately.
- Health – There are times when a tree will become infected. That is when it is important to trim or prune the diseased branches before the infection spreads throughout the tree. In addition, trimming the crown of the tree can be beneficial as the tree benefits from the additional airflow.
- Aesthetics – there are many Clearwater residents that simply want their trees trimmed to maintain its shape and appearance. It should be noted that it is not good for a tree to be pruned in an unnatural shape for size.
Tree Trimming Tips for Clearwater
Best practice dictates that the ideal time to trim or prune a tree is during its dormant season. Obviously a tree can be trimmed at any time, but it is in the best health of the tree to trim during the off season. Also, a common exception to this rule would be important to trim the tree when it poses a hazard.
It is important to be aware of the size of the branch that you’re going to trim from the tree in Clearwater. Typically, if you are tree trimming, you only want to trim a branch that is under 5 cm in diameter, then trimming that branch off is acceptable. If the branch is between five and 10 cm, then you might want to consult your local tree service company or a certified arborist. Anything over 10 cm that you plan on trimming, there should be a good reason for doing so.
- Only trim or prune smaller branches that have a weak or narrow angle to the branch. It is always ideal not to prune strong, healthy branches.
- When hiring a tree service company to shaped or trim the crown of the tree, they should only take the height down to about two thirds and no further.
- If possible, always attempt to trim the youngest branches. This way your tree trimming will be much easier period
- Be careful about pruning a branch to close for too long to the tree. There should not be a large stub left on the tree.
Tree Pruning in Clearwater, Fl
There are certain tree trimming techniques that you will want to make sure the Clearwater Tree Trimming company you hire is following best practices on. When it comes to sending the crown of the tree:
- Keep parallel branches spaced evenly when it all possible.
- Trim or prune branches that intersect with other branches period
- Always trim the crown down no more than one quarter of the way.
- If you have kids or traffic around your yard, you can raise the crown by trimming the lower branches. Try to limit this type of trimming two his few branches as possible, so you don’t weekend the trunk of the tree.
- If you find yourself in a situation where it is necessary to remove more than half of a branch from a tree, it is best to just remove the entire branch.
- Never reduce the crown of a tree, unless it’s absolutely necessary.
Standard Tree Trimming & Tree Pruning Practices
– When branches are selectively removed to increase the amount of light throughout the tree and allow for better air flow. Crown thinning can be for health or aesthetic reasons.
– As counter intuitive as this technique may sound, it’s real purpose is to raise the lower portion of the crown. This is done when more clearance is needed for passersby or other types of traffic.
– This method is not to be confused with tree topping, which requires less thought and work. Tree topping is as it sounds, just trimming off the top of the tree. Contrast that with Crown Reduction, which is a more thorough way of reducing the crown as it includes deep crotch pruning. Deep crotch pruning will give the tree a more natural appearance. More importantly, it allows you to go longer between prunings, which saves you money in the long run.
Tree Trimming & Pruning Techniques
Here is a list some tree trimming and pruning techniques to keep in mind when hiring a tree service company in Clearwater, Fl:
- Make sure that they are cutting from the branch collar, that grows from the stem at the base of the branch. Also, the ridge of the branch, which is the upper surface and it should remain parallel to the angle of the branch at the base of the stem.
- It’s important not to injure the color of the branch. The best way to avoid this is by cutting outside the branches ridge and then angle the cut away from the stem.
- The same techniques for cutting light branches should also be used to cut any dead branches off of the tree.
- There is a technique called the three cut technique that should be used when a stem is too long. This is accomplished by notching the side of the stem faces away from the branch that you’re keeping, make another cut inside the crotch of the branch and ensure it is above the ridge of the branch, then the last cut will remove the stub of the branch.
These techniques are ways that you can ensure the tree service company you hire is doing the task of trimming and burning your trees correctly.
Cost of tree trimming in Clearwater
In order to keep your property looking the way that you want it to look, it’s always important to properly maintain your lawn, bushes, and trees. The price for tree trimming and pruning Mayberry wanting to the work that needs to be done for the company that is providing this service bowens tree service has always had the philosophy that we have every day value pricing all year round, unlike some companies that will run a quick special to bolster sales. We provide an excellent Service daycare price that you will find extremely competitive.
Root Pruning Services
Root pruning, not to be confused with stump grinding, is a technique that is designed to sever roots that are damaging structures or being impacted by construction activity. Root pruning is performed by a machine that is specifically designed for that purpose and is only recommended after a tree has been assessed by an ISA Certified Arborist and determined to be sufficiently healthy to survive the anticipated root loss.
If you have any tree trimming or pruning concerns, please call us today for free consultation at 727-785-5779.
Boen’s Tree Service
299 Bear Ridge Circle
Florida Department of Transportation. A Guide for Tree, Palm Maintenance for Urban Roadsides and Landscape Areas. FDOT. 2015 edition. PDF. May 2016.